- We have a large swimming pool with palm trees and a thatched lapa with a small bar and game-viewing deck also overlooking the riverbed.
- Breakfast is served for our overnight guests on our balcony overlooking the riverbed. The breakfast is in buffet form and up to Western European standards
- We offer several lunch options such as salads and home-baked sandwiches. For warm meals we ask you to make a booking in advance (or the same day before 11am). (Lunch is never included in any rates)
- Our diner is offered in family style in our lapa (summer) or our dining room (winter). Family style means we offer a fixed (not a la carte) three-course diner which varies every day. You can socialise with other guests at the table. If you want to eat at a separate table, please inform at the reception so proper arrangements can be made in advance. You can expect fish or meat (fresh from our own farm), vegetables and rice/potatoes/pasta up to European standards in the main course.
- We can arrange transfers from the International Airport (90km) or Windhoek (50km) to Düsternbrook Guest Farm and back.
Explore the following areas in a virtual tour:
Our guest farm is set up for individual travellers. This means you won't find large busses with tourist on our farm. The construction and decoration you see are mostly from local materials with a historical ambiance. We have deliberately chosen for a colonial style, to give our guests a feeling of the old days in Namibia.
Another important fact is that we take our environmental impact very seriously. We have chosen for sustainable solutions all over our set up, including construction and facilities. This means mechanisms to save water consumption, renewable energy, waste separation etc. We would like to ask our guests also to be conscious that Namibia is still a third world country and water is very scarce.
Since Düsterbook has moved from a cattle farm to a game farm in 1986 we have reintroduced numerous game species such as ostrich, giraffe and zebra, that had been here in pre-colonial times. Today, game such as waterbuck and impala also do very well since we have many water resources, such as dams.
Reasons to choose Düsternbrook Guest Farm
- We are centrally situated to all tourist attractions in Namibia.
- We are close to Windhoek (50km) and the International Airport (90km) but after a few kilometres you are already in the midst of nature. Namibia is one of the least densely populated countries in the world, so even here you are already in the bush with very good wildlife.
- It is a guest farm (ranch), with breathtaking views, that has achieved several awards, including the 2015 Eco Award. We are constantly improving our service, we offer you good value for your money, and we are the best for the independent traveller.
- As a visitor to a guest farm, you support the local community (job creation) and become part of a nature conservation program. The natural game and endangered species need your support. Any additional support you can give to endangered species through a donation to the Cats Unlimited Wildlife Foundation is always welcome. We would like to use these funds for leopard research in the Khomas Hochland area.